So lazy that I didn’t even filter the photo…so #NoFilter works here. I haven’t had a chance to really cook not to mention post. I tried to instagram some photos though (Follow @Afoodcionado)! Anyway, this super quick dish would have been perfect for the busy few weeks I’ve had. Remember the gnocchi we made before….HERE? This is where the batch of frozen gnocchi come to play! Since this is a lazy recipe, the pesto isn’t homemade, rather it’s the deliciously cheesy one from Costco, and I threw some tomatoes in there to have some vegetables. Doesn’t blistered tomatoes sound fancy? I think so…but they aren’t. Here is how I put it all together!…you’ll notice the…eye ballin’ measurements
- Some frozen gnocchi
- Olive Oil
- 2 Roma tomatoes; cubed (I cut each tomato into 6 cubes…cherry/grape tomatoes are better for the whole blister action though)
- Pesto ….from Costco
- Salt & Pepper to taste
What to do
- Boil some water, amount depends on how many gnocchi you plan on making
- Cook frozen gnocchi until they float.
- Let the gnocchi dry a little so you don’t hurt yourself searing/frying them.
- Heat up a small skillet to a medium…medium high (or a large one if you are making a bunch), and drizzle in some olive oil
- Throw in the gnocchi and let them sizzle. Leave them alone so you get a crust.
- FLIP and repeat!
- Throw in the tomatoes, you’ll see the skin blister and wrinkle (This works better with cherry/grape tomatoes)
- Add in a couple tablespoons of pesto (more/less) and MIX!!
- Add salt & pepper ( or more cheese) to taste
Nine steps sound like a lot of steps, but it really isn’t that bad people. You can do it! It’ll be quick and delicious I swear.