I went on a ratatouille galette making spree back during Thanksgiving but never shared it! It was a HIT with my parents and my boyfriend’s family.
I found the recipe on Taste Book: HERE and tweaked it a little.
- Prep Time: It took me a little longer than an hour to prep everything, so take time out for that.
- Tomatoes: I used Roma tomatoes and cut them into 1/2 inch slices, olive oil, salt, pepper…and roasted them in the oven for about 20 minutes. So they’re kinda like sundried tomatoes
- Eggplant: I used regular eggplants and seared them like steaks on a pan and seasoned them with thyme.
- Onions & Garlic: Similar to the eggplants I cut the onions so I could sear them also…and if they fall apart you have rings.
- Squash: I sauteed with salt and pepper.
- Cheese & Basil: I added fresh oregano to the herb chiffonade also. I got my Gruyere from Costco…talk abut dealll.
- Bell Peppers: I didn’t add any because I’m not that into bell peppers.
- Dough: I used Pepperidge Farms’ puff pastry. SOOOO EASSYYYYY