I had asparagus.
I had bacon.
I had eggs.
Boom. Bacon wrapped asparagus, and it was super easy!
What you’ll need
- 24 Stalks of asaparagus trimmed to about 4-5 inches
- 4 slices of bacon cut in half (so now you’ll have 8 pieces of bacon technically)
- Olive oil
How to do it
- If you haven’t trimmed the asparagus already, do it!
- Toss the asparagus in olive oil just so that they’re lightly coated
- Add pepper to the asparagus
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Make 8 bundles of 3 asparagus stalks, wrap bacon around the bundles
- Put a cookie rack or baking rack on a cookie tray. Put the bundles on it.
- Once the oven is preheated, shove them in the oven and cook for ~20 minutes or until the bacon is to your liking.
- Make an over easy egg.
- Plate the asparagus bundles and slap that egg on top. Season with pepper!
The bacon I made wasn’t crispy enough initially so I pan seared it a little before cooking the egg. So I was able to cook my egg in bacon fat… yum.