Mom got jealous. Check out dat chicken breast doh…
This picture and recipe is an oldie, but goodie. Here is the original recipe from The Ravenous Couple: Ga Roti Vietnamese Roasted Chicken. The Ravenous Couple always has spot on Vietnamese recipes that give me the foundation I need when practicing my Viet cooking skills.
Here is the recipe I have been using… I’ve also gifted people this marinade in little mason jars!
- 1 lb chicken thighs – I prefer skin off and bone in, but you do you
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of five spice powder
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of white pepper
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 2 teaspoon of minced garlic
What to do
- Combine all of the ingredients except chicken in a bowl and ensure all of the ingredients are homogenous
- Add chicken thighs to the marinade
- Marinate the chicken overnight or at least 6 hours…you can marinade it in less time, but it won’t taste as good.
- For best results, grill the chicken and enjoy! You can roast or cook it however you want…but grilling is the way to go.