What’s different about this post from the others? There isn’t a link. WHY?! Because I muddled through this one on my own. Ok…it’s a pretty straight forward recipe, and all I really needed to know is what temperature to set the oven and how long to bake it for.
There is definite room for improvement with this one, but the finished product was pretty tasty. From golden baked satchel filled with surprise to…cheesy lava mm. Thank you Buzzfeed Food for inspiring me to try my hand at baking brie! Link to the gooey baked brie goodness here!
What you’ll need
- 1/2 wheel of Brie, rind on
(I used the brie wheel from Costco, and cut it in half since…lessbereal my parents are I were not going to finish a whole wheel…1/4 would have been fine too)
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
(I’m sure you could use less, but I messed up and forgot I was thawing the sheets and they stuck…so I rolled it out and used the whole thing. It was thick)
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Salt & Pepper
What to do
- Thaw the puff pastry sheets (if they are frozen). Don’t forget about it or you’ll have to roll it out and no one has time for that.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cut your wheel o’ brie in half and place it in the middle of your sheet of puff pastry
- Put honey, salt, and pepper on the brie. I’m estimating the amount of honey since I used too little. Use as much salt and pepper as you fancy, just remember brie is pretty…bland.
- Wrap it up! Pull up the puff pastry around the brie into a nice satchel/bundle.
- Place on a parchment paper that is on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 18-20 min or until golden brown. (the bottom of my cheese was a little too toasty)
- Let cool for 3 minutes. ENJOY!