Gina, gina, gina. The recipes that she creates on SkinnyTaste are AMAZING. Not only are the recipes delicious, but you don’t feel bad binging…I mean eating them.
I made these tarts one day because I saw the recipe and it sparked my interest, and I happened to be going to dinner with my boyfriend’s family. As my mom taught me, when you go to someone else’s house for a meal or party, you can’t just bring your ass. So I didn’t. I brought my ass and some low calorie mini pecan phyllo tarts and they were a HIT! I wish I made more, even though that would have been dangerous because I would have made excuses to eat “just one more.”
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 4 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- 15 Mini Phyllo Shells (Athens) (They only had the phyllo sheets at the grocery store I went to, so I just got that and cut a few sheets into squares. Be aware! If the edges are too long/stick out too much they’ll burn in the oven.)
What do you do now?
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except pecans. Mix well.
- Stir in chopped pecans.
- Arrange mini shells on a baking sheet. (Since I didn’t have the shells, I used about 4 sheets and cut those into squares that were a little bigger than the diameter of the cup cake cups. Then I tried to make a cross with the squares so all the edges were covered. I started to get lazy, and just the squares in. Remember to trim the edges to prevent burning!)
- Fill mini shells with one heaping teaspoon of pecan mixture. If any of the mixture remains, distribute evenly between all the shells.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. Let them cool before serving.
THEY WERE SOO GOOODDD…I wish I made more.