Skinnytaste – Mini Pecan Phyllo Tarts
Gina, gina, gina. The recipes that she creates on SkinnyTaste are AMAZING. Not only are the recipes delicious, but you don’t feel bad binging…I mean eating them.
I made these tarts one day because I saw the recipe and it sparked my interest, and I happened to be going to dinner with my boyfriend’s family. As my mom taught me, when you go to someone else’s house for a meal or party, you can’t just bring your ass. So I didn’t. I brought my ass and some low calorie mini pecan phyllo tarts and they were a HIT! I wish I made more, even though that would have been dangerous because I would have made excuses to eat “just one more.”
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 4 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- 15 Mini Phyllo Shells (Athens) (They only had the phyllo sheets at the grocery store I went to, so I just got that and cut a few sheets into squares. Be aware! If the edges are too long/stick out too much they’ll burn in the oven.)
What do you do now?
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except pecans. Mix well.
- Stir in chopped pecans.
- Arrange mini shells on a baking sheet. (Since I didn’t have the shells, I used about 4 sheets and cut those into squares that were a little bigger than the diameter of the cup cake cups. Then I tried to make a cross with the squares so all the edges were covered. I started to get lazy, and just the squares in. Remember to trim the edges to prevent burning!)
- Fill mini shells with one heaping teaspoon of pecan mixture. If any of the mixture remains, distribute evenly between all the shells.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. Let them cool before serving.
THEY WERE SOO GOOODDD…I wish I made more.
One Comment Add yours
How long can you keep them before serving? And how? Fridge? Making 60-90 for Club party. Would like to make the day before.