YAAASSSS. So remember when I made gnocchi and bought a huge bag of potatoes from Costco? There is only so much gnocchi one can consume, so I had to think of something else to make. Being from an Asian family, we didn’t eat too many potatoes so I looked to pinterest for PIN-speration.
I always wanted to make latkes, and I had all these other ingredients that I decided to throw into the mix because why not? Green onions. Good.
Parmesan Cheese. Good.
Smoked salmon. Good.
So it’s all good!
Here is the recipe that I based my recipe off of, and I will share my tweaks after!
- I used golden potatoes instead of Russet potatoes, I squeezed out as much of the liquid as possible.
- I used regular Bakers flour instead of matzo meal.
- I added about two stalks of green onions, chopped.
- I added about a 1/4 cup of shredded parmesan cheese.
- Condiments: Smoked salmon and sour cream (that spring of green onion if you’re trying to be fancy)
- I wanted the latkes to be crispy and thin….so I made it so!